Good morning to those in North America! :)
Today is another training day. Nothing too special to report to you but I have thought of some things that I do here that may be worth mentioning for your interest.
First, laundry is really expensive (about 5 euros for 2.2lbs of laundry) so I have been doing laundry in our tub and hanging it around our room. I anticipated this so I have a sunlight bar of soap which I use to do my laundry. Second, it is not recommended to drink the water from the taps so the staff got us bottles of water that we drink instead. It's not too big of a deal but it is a bit of hassle to remember to get water from the stock. Third, in regards to the food that we are eating, it is mostly North American based. The hotel we are staying at provides buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner for us. Every meal is a hot meal with a make your own salad and fruit. We don't get any Polish cuisine (ie, perogies).
Back to rowing now with some more info for you (well for you Dad and anyone else who may be interested). When we are practicing, our coaches do have a motor boat at their disposal but sometimes they also ride their bikes along the shore (depending on the workout; the hard workouts they get in the coach boat, paddles rows they ride their bikes). There are no other rowing crews practicing here on the course, only Polish kayakers.
If 2's company and 3's a crowd …what's 4 and 5? A really good time! (Just for you Dad! Haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment