Friday, August 22, 2014

Arrived in Amsterdam



We arrived in Amsterdam a couple days ago and have settled nicely into our hotel and got right into preparations. Our mode of transportation to and from the course is by bicycle. I really enjoy biking to the course as I feel like a local, but we certainly don't look like locals as we have to wear helmets. We get a lot of strange looks!


Rowing Canada has a tradition that World Championships is one of the few events in which the blades will have a maple leaf on them. (Other times the blades are just red and white without the maple leaf.) Last night we received the stickers that we put on our blades. Now I just have to wait for a time when it's not raining to put them on.



1 comment:

  1. Nice Rosie! I hope the weather is good for your race on Sunday as well as any time you spend on the water before hand! Enjoy the biking too
    ! They sure have great roads to bike on eh? Have lots of fun and enjoy the scenery! We are thinking of you and your team! Go Rosie!

    ReplyDelete