Sunday, June 15, 2014

First trip of the year!

Hello friends and family,

Summer has arrived which means racing season is here! We left Canada yesterday, June 14th, to go test our speed against the world in France and Switzerland! We are currently in Italy for a couple days to acclimatize and then we go to Lake Aiguebelette, France to race World Cup II. 

We are training in a little town called Corgeno, which is close to Milan. I was here last summer, so it's nice to come back to something familiar. There is not much to do in Corgeno so there are very few distractions which allows us to stay focused on our training. Don't worry though, we can get local gelato! Delicious! We eat our meals at a local restaurant and it was great to see the owners again and use my Italian. The one word I know, Ciao!

Here are a couple pictures of Corgeno and the lake we train on.








4 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us! We are thinking of you and all your adventures ahead of you! You will do awesome! Your training is intense and you are well prepared! Keep up the good work! We are cheering you on (from afar...). Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you and your team made it safe to Europe! Eat lots of Gelato...Sean and I love gelato. Beautiful lake you get to train on!! Have so much fun! Ciao :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your training in Europe, hope to see you soon in Amsterdam on De Bosbaan! Greetings, Johan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous! I imagine gelato has a lot of carbs so you can eat all you want....now I'm even more jealous of your life!!

    ReplyDelete