Monday, January 13, 2014

Florida Training Camp


Deland, Florida is where I have been training for past two weeks! It was cool and rainy the first week but the sun has come out along with some wind. We've had a few practices with white capped waves but we persevered and went rowing anyway. The frozen tundra in Ontario has inspired us to row as much as possible. 



We have been rowing in pairs and the 8+ avoiding boats and launch swells but have put in some great kilometers! A number of my teammates have suffered from blisters and small infections but I kept all my callouses and my hands did not blister! Bonus! I have seen a manatee on the river but no alligators...thankfully. I would prefer to stay away from them.
 

One of our afternoons off, we went to a cute drive through bakery! The baked good were delicious and the decor added to the flavour as well! I highly recommend a trip to Buttercup Bakery if you are in Deland, Florida.



No comments:

Post a Comment