There has been some changes in my rowing plans. I unfortunately did not make the Pan Am team. I just wasn't fast enough to compete. You're probably wondering now what I'm going to do. Well, that's a good question. I struggled over that question too. I had a few options to choose from. Going to Victoria, Vancouver, Welland or stay in London and train. I chose to stay in London so that I could continue to adjust to life in London. Even though I won't be getting much coaching, I can still row with the team and have access to weights and nutrition. My training focus now is putting a lot of kilometers in on the water and cross training to build my cardio base.
This wasn't the scenario I was prepared for but I think it might be the right now, so that I can establish myself in London and catch up to all the other girls fitness levels. Come September I hope to be able to compete at a more even level with them. I'm planning on finding a volunteer position once a week to get a little variety in my week. I'm also going to do some job shadowing in the Occupational Therapy field to get an idea of what I can except and which area I would like to work in.
Happy Rowing!
No comments:
Post a Comment